Working with Parameters in Tableau
Parameters are dynamic values that can replace constant values in calculations, filters, and reference lines in Tableau.
- Lets say you have filter to show the top 10 products by profit.
- You can replace the fixed value “10” in the filter to by a dynamic parameter so you can quickly look at the top 5,15, 20, and 30 products.
How to use a parameter in dashboard
- Create the Parameter
- Use the Parameter in a Calculation
- Show the Parameter Control for the User
- Use the Calculated Field in Your Visualization
Data types in Parameters
You are able to create different types of parameters in Tableau depending on the type of data that you are working with .
Learn More about Parameters by following interview questions related to Parameters